South Pacific Division Family Ministries
Seventh-day Adventists recognise families are the building blocks of community, the church and society. We believe God created families to nurture warm, meaningful and loving relationships, and to discover what it is to love and be loved. In families, children develop beliefs, values, and attitudes which translate into behavioural patterns that shape their future , and the future of their community.
Seventh-day Adventists recognise the diversity of families:
- Families come from different cultures and backgrounds.
- They also come in different forms - small nuclear families and larger extended families, single parents, and couples with no children.
- Also included in family are those who choose to be single, or who are separated, divorced or widowed.
The Seventh-day Adventist Church seeks to support individuals, couples and families across all stages of the life-cycle.This includes:
- enriching marriages
- educating and resourcing parents
- supporting those who are single
- educating and supporting families to help ensure families are a safe environment, especially for children.